Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pumpkin Sweater easy to knit


Trick or Treat time is coming and I found the Jack-O-Lantern sweater I knit for my son Parker when he was 2 years old. He was so dang cute in it. Everywhere we went, people would stop me and ask me where I got his darling sweater. It was so cute because no one had ever seen anything like it. That was because I created it and made it up! Parker was too young to fight my designing efforts, and happily wore my crazy creations, every holiday until he was 5. He had a sweater for every major holiday; Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and St. Patricks Day.


I had more fun making up those holiday sweaters and that is what sparked the beginning of my pattern writing. It is one thing to knit and design a sweater, which is the easy part for me, the writing of the directions for others to follow, is a different story.

No comments: